What we do with your personally identifiable information
“Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- Your name, email address, phone number, address
- Your Samson Fire user ID and password (if applicable)
- Any account-preference information you provide us
- Your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- Session data for your login session while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- Not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission, we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- Not use or disclose the information except:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- As required by law, for example, in response to a police investigation;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- As necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Samson Fire, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- Not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- To log off the Samson Fire Web site when you are finished;
- To take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Questions or comments?